Toilets are something that people rarely think about, unless & until something goes wrong. Don't panic, with a little effort, and a toilet snake, even a homemade rookie, can help you to get the most clogged toilet back up and running in a few minutes. There are plenty of alternative ways to help you in unclogging a toilet without really using a plunger. Even the gnarliest of clogs can be taken care of quickly.
A clogged toilet
Toilet clogs seem to happen at the most inappropriate moments. Luckily, you can clear most of the clogs by yourself, without calling the plumber. Most of the clogs can be removed with a homemade drain cleaner or a functional toilet plunger. Five ways can help you to fix a clogged toilet drain without using a plunger.
1. Use an Enzyme Product
- Buy an enzyme waste removal product from the store. Find a product that has a mixture of an enzyme that can turn hard substances in the liquid. Keep in mind that this method will only work on organic waste and not on toys or other subjects. These enzymes are helpful in septic systems to break down waste.
- Read the instructions carefully, mentioned on the back of the container. Pour the required amount of the enzyme into the toilet bowl. This is the easiest toilet clog remover.
- Check if the drain is working correctly or not.
2. Prepare a Homemade Drain Cleaner
- If your toilet tends to clog easily, using a combination of baking soda, hot water and vinegar will certainly help you to do the job as a drain cleaner.
- In this, firstly, boil half a gallon of water; let it cool for a while. The water should not be hotter than a tea that you can drink comfortably, as very hot water can crack the porcelain.
- Vinegar and baking soda create a chemical formula that helps in dissolving clogs. Pour 2 cups of vinegar and 1 cup of baking soda into the toilet.
- Pour the hot water into the toilet bowl from a waist level.
- Let the mixture sit overnight. The water must have drained by the morning. This homemade drain cleaner will work perfectly if any organic material causes the clog.
3. Use a Plumbing Snake
- Purchase a plumbing snake from the store. A plumbing snake is often called a "flexible cleaning tool." It is a flexible coil of wire that can move through the curves of a drain. The best snake available is "closet auger," which is designed mainly to clear toilet clogs.
- Firstly, insert the one end of the snake down the drain. Push down further into the drain until you suspect any obstruction.
- The aim is to break the obstruction. Push and twist the snake through it. It might take a few minutes to clear.
- Once the water drains, flush the toilet to check if it is working normally.
4. Use Hot Water and Dish Soap
- If you're determined to not using a plunger, then this might be another alternative for you that helps in unclogging a toilet. Everyone has water and dish soap in their home. Heat one gallon of hot water, while the water is heating, squirt some dish soap into the toilet.
- The water should be hot and not boiling. Carefully pour the hot water into the toilet.
- Wait for a few minutes, as dish soap and hot water soften the clog.
- The toilet clog must be clear now.
5. The Brush Battle
- This may seem a bit weird, but if you don't have a plunger, you can use the toilet brush in place of a toilet plunger.
- All you need to do is, grab a brush and angle the bristle down the drain.
- Twist and lift the toilet brush down the drain; keep pushing if you feel any obstruction.
- Pumping up and down a few times will be enough to loosen up the clogged toilet.
- Check if the drain is now working properly.
If the enzyme product is not working for you, then you should call for a plumber. Do not use different enzyme products as they can be dangerous. The method of vinegar and baking soda won't work if a hard obstruction causes the clogs. Plumbing snake won't work for you if the obstruction is hard and you are not able to unclog it, contact 24H Plumbing Pros. Don't use Drano for the toilet, as Drano is not recommended for preventive drain cleaning in toilets.
If these methods are not working for you and you’re still worried, contact 24H Plumbing Pros. They provide services like repair, maintenance, and replacements. 24H Plumbing Pros provides the best, easy, and guaranteed service. If the drainage issue is not under your control, go for 24H Plumbing Pros.
They do not charge high fees. For any plumbing related issues and queries, contact 24H Plumbing Pros